A Hundred Years From Now

A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Done Something Right

On Tuesday after I was done class, I went to visit my internship class. The kids were so excited to see me! They're grade ones so they are very affectionate. I had 23 pairs of arms wrapped around my legs and waist. As we were sitting on the carpet and talking, my kids asked if I was having fun at university. I told them that I would rather be with them, and they said they would rather me be with them too. They asked when I would be a real teacher. When I told them middle of April, they asked where I would go after that. I told them wherever they send me. The one little boy looked at me with a very serious face and said "Tell them you need to go to (name of school). Tell them the grade ones at (name of school) need you!" I left the school smiling, knowing that in the four short months I must have done something right!!

1 comment:

Miss. Wallman said...

Isn't it the best feeling ever! I know whenever I go back to my classroom my prek kids want to sing the song we made up together. :D Its good to feel that you had an impact on a child but its GREAT to KNOW that you had an impact on them.